Flashcards – The Fastest Way for Kids To Learn Math
Math Flashcards are an excellent game for kids to improve their memory. After playing or practicing on the flashcards, the information kids receive stimulates their minds, improving their confidence.
Most games are beneficial for kids as they transverse their lives, become more creative, and improve their skills.
The flashcard game can be physical or in the form of an application or a tool. I’ll go over my favorite ways of playing down below, one physical and one online.
This post will discuss math flashcards and how kids can learn using these.
If you’d like some STEM activity ideas, make sure to grab my FREE eBook on 25 STEM activities here.
What Is a Math Flashcard
There are several methods to improve math facts of kids, and flashcards are one of them. Flashcards are a very creative and advanced way of increasing the kids’ knowledge and memorization.
Teachers also use these cards and briefly show them to the students. “Flashing” the question to their students.
Before inspiring your kids to play flashcards to answer math quizzes quickly, it is essential to give concepts of math facts to answer the questions on the flashcards quickly.
The flashcards offer questions, numbers, or some other information. These cards contain the question on the card’s front side, while the results are on the back of the cards. While you can make flashcards at home, making a lot of them can be challenging. It’s just easier to use a site that will do all the work for you.
This is why using a website tool with virtual flashcards is helpful. Kids can solve endless questions by using flashcard tools.
They can solve questions of addition, subtraction, division, or multiplication. They can also select all arithmetic operations for random questions.
After reading this article, check out our list of Clever and Logical-Mathematical Questions for Kids – With Answers!
How To Play With Math Flashcards
First of all, get a set of flashcards. I like this set of flashcards because they are double-sided. When you’re holding one side to your little one, you can see the problem in smaller text on the side you’ll be looking at.
Flashcards for math facts contain four kinds of questions.
- Addition flashcards: The cards that contain the sum of two numbers problems are referred to as addition flashcards.
- Subtraction flashcards: The cards that contain the difference of two numbers problems are referred to as subtraction flash cards.
- Division flashcards: The cards that contain quotient or division of two numbers problems are referred to as division flash cards.
- Multiplication flashcards: The cards that contain the product of two numbers problems are referred to as multiplication flash cards.
Now for playing flashcards, follow the steps below.
- Stack the cards face down.
- Now turn the first card over and fill in the answer or say it outload. Both will help you memorize the answer. Place it in front of you face up.
- Make a row of cards in ascending order. Place the cards according to the results that you got. Like 1 + 1 would be right before 1 + 2.
- If the result of two cards is the same, put the new same card on the previous card and set it on top.
- When the row of 10 or 15 cards builds go over the answers again. Then you can pratice with someone flashing the card in front of you.
Playing flashcards by using online tools is a straightforward way. The questions will be in front of you when you need help, and you have to answer the question quickly if it’s timed. The tool will keep track of your answers. I like that it’s easy to keep track to measure your progress, gamifying the learning process.
Have you ever played math review games with your kids? Please take a look at your quick list we put together on 10 Exciting Mathematics Review Games for Kids to Skyrocket New Math Skills On-The-Go.
Importance of Math Flashcards for Kids
- It’s a very cheap way to study material and you don’t have to buy expensive flashcards if you use an online program. All kinds of math facts are given on the flashcard tools online.
- Flashcard tools online are portable as they offer several different card games in your browswer. No need to carrying a book or notebook or a bundle of cards.
- These tools are versatile.
- These tools offer various ways to understand math facts.
- The entire learning procedure becomes easy and fun with the help of flashcards.
Flashcards play a vital role in improving the learning skills of kids. They can play these cards anytime as long as they have access to a browser on their phones, tablets, laptops, or PCs.
They can play these cards again and again until they become masters. It builds the interest of kids in learning math and other subjects.
We put together a list of cool math tricks. My son was super excited to show his friends. Please check out our article, 10 Cool Math Tricks to Amaze Your Kids & Friends.